Model That: Boxraffe







    Alright so originally I was going to use blender to make this, but my girlfriend has been using this other program, Lightwave Modeler, so I figured id pick up the trial and give it a whirl. First as any inexperienced modeler does, I started with a box, i didn't take a picture of it, but i figured everyone knows what a box looks like.
  Once I had the box, I started expanding it, and started to make a body and a neck.

After that I started making a head and just sort of forming the body so it looked less box like and more..well it sort of looks like a bird.It stays looking like a bird for a while, but i just kept trying to make it look more like an animal and less like a box.



So after I was done making the body, I started to give it some legs and just sort of kept messing around with it so it started looking more like a giraffe.




 At this point, I was fairly satisfied with the shape of it, gave it some ears and now it really is starting to look like something, so I found a giraffe print online, and used that bad boy on my model.


This was basically the finished product, now, I did a tiny bit more tweaking, and decided it was ready for some renderin. I wanted a background, but i didn't really know how to do it, so i just took a square and made it gigantic, colored it and bent it. I'm sure there are better ways(i'd hope) but for now it worked
After I was done aiming the camera and trying to get the light in the right spot, this down here is the final product. The original green I used looked shitty when i rendered it, so i used a different color in the end. It still looks like a box and like something out of a video game from the 90's, but not too bad for a first attempt considering I didn't use tutorials and just sort of winged it.

Some of you may ask, Rios where are the eyes? Well because I had the "discovery edition" it gave me shit about putting in eyes and wouldn't let me save, so i decided to scrap them and just leave it as a soulless box monster. Eventually ill have to get the full version, and start watching some tutorials.



This entry was posted on April 08, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed.